Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hey guys and gals,

A film I shot back in June is now done and I wanted to share it with you. So just click here and check it out. Hope you get a laugh! My friends Mona and Jed decided to make a film spoofing what every actor out here goes through. Really low budget indie and student film projects that have terrible scripts, no continuity, the same old themes, bad music, and things that just don't make sense (how did the blood come out of my nose?). It was probably the funnest film shoot I've done and I laughed almost the whole way through. There are some bloopers at the end too.

In addition, I've shot a few small little clips for my friend Brittani Taylor, otherwise known as Rhonda Anthony Tanner (R.A.T.) in the internet circles. What is so amazing about this internet series is the number of views on each episode. The following two I was in have totaled over 150,000 from around the world!!!! Here they are:

R.A.T. Goals (I'm at -8:50)
R.A.T. Pirate Therapy (I'm at -7:43)


I haven't updated my blog much at all as you might have noticed. Just been going through some tough transitions out here and don't have the time I used to have. I've done so much since April! Here are a few things:

The biggest was being one of twelve people selected for a host screen test for the new Discovery Channel show called "Crash Test Inventors" scheduled to air in January. I had made two audition tapes (one of them here) and then a producer came out and videotaped me doing some stuff. Finally, they flew me out to Washington, D.C., put me up in a nice hotel, and we spent 2 days doing little projects in front of the camera in all of Virginia's glorious humidity. It was quite a thrill and experience! I was surrounded by top notch people in engineering and inventing, everybody different and unique. I was surprised at how camera hungry these "nerds" were. Everybody was fighting to get camera time, which I had no clue would be involved. The first day I had to get adjusted to this because it was a surprise. Being an actor, I'm used to having my little audition time slot with all eyes focused on me. So on the second day I stepped it up and things went better. Finally got back to L.A. and waited on pins and needles for a week to hear something from the producers... but nothing. Turns out I waited 2 months before I got their decision, and unfortunately, I wasn't selected. The guys they chose were smart dudes though and I expect will do a good job. 2 of the 4 selected are in the picture, closest to the camera. You'll have to tell me how the show is because I don't have cable ($100 is too much a month in my opinion).

Shot a California Inst. of the Arts Grad film (Played a pretty miserable character; should be some I've my best tape for drama, if I can ever get a copy from the director!!! Ugh.)

Auditioned for the NBC show Las Vegas (Had about 5 lines and was a janitor; didn't get it but I would have acted with Josh Duhamel, who as it turns out, I did scenes with as an extra in Trasnformers)

Couple of commercial auditions (Booked the Hallmark commercials that I posted about previously)

Was on the game show Camoflauge on 6/12 (Won $5000, it aired on 717, and I finally got the money last week!)

Lots of indie auditions (got a lot of callbacks, and double callbacks, but didn't book)

Shot a Heinz 57 commercial that was entered into a contest (we didn't win; to see it, click here)

Did one shoot day for a trailer some friends were making to try to raise money for a feature. The project doesn't seem to be going anywhere though.

Well, I could go on (and did, and deleted a bunch of crap), but I'll just say thanks for stopping by. When I get some new news or a new film in the mail I'll post it.

Trying a new look out. The day I buzzed it off I decided to have a little fun. Always wondered what it would be like to have a mohawk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home