Monday, April 2, 2007

Hi everybody! (Jimmy F., that was for you.) I woke up at 6 AM, got showered, made me some pancakes and coffee, and then waited around for the phone to ring so I could go substitute teach. Unfortunately, the phone didn't ring, so I'm just sitting here all clean and full without a place to go, so I thought I'd try to do something semi-constructive and put a post up. Did you hear about or see the hill (that's what we call it here in L.A.; the mountain with the HOLLYWOOD sign) on fire?! It was big news around here all weekend! Fortunately, the winds weren't blowing that day and they got it under control pretty quickly. Can you imagine if those flames reached the Hollywood sign??? What a sight that would have been! Supposedly, two kids were playing with some fireworks.

Last Wednesday I went and did some cold-reading of some feature film scripts with a writer's group. I met one of the writers at "The Sunday Man" premiere at AFI a few weeks back and he was the husband of one of the actresses in the film. I enjoyed it and got to keep my acting muscle in tune, and got to network, so it was all in all a great night. I unfortunately didn't get to go to "The Sunday Man" showing at the Arclight cinema that night though, and heard that the theatre was packed and standing room only. I noticed my "starmeter" on IMDB jumped up this week, so maybe some people went home and looked me up.

On Thursday, I auditioned for a documentary film that will be intercut with acted scenes. The film is about God and science, and I was auditioning for the nice guy husband/father in the film. It's paying too and will be shooting in a few weeks. Earlier that day I auditioned for a student film for a really creepy role of a serial rapist/murderer! So there you go. In one day I get to be a creep/bad guy and a loving father/husband. Yesterday I auditioned for an independent short film that will be shooting next weekend. I really liked the director and the story, and had a great audition. Should know by tomorrow.

Well, just now I set up a videotaping so I can submit for a host position on a new Discovery Channel series (casting notice and description here). I emailed the producer with my resumes and links to my pictures and reel, and they emailed me back asking me to send over a tape to London. Never thought of myself as a host really, but it looks like it's right up my alley and would be fun.

Wish me a broken leg tomorrow! Auditioning for a small role on "Murder" for Spike TV and it will be shooting on Thursday. Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home