Hi everybody! I submitted to a project called TRENCHES a little over a week ago (it was released in Los Angeles, New York, Virginia... among other places) that will shoot in northern VA, and was selected to put an audition on tape for the director! It is a sci-fi type, episodic series and I'm auditioning for the lead role! This project is being funded by Disney, due mainly to the director's success with Star Wars:Revelations, a film made for under $20,000 (??? Holy Cow!) that is the most downloaded internet movie of all time. It follows Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precludes Episode IV: A New Hope. I hadn't heard about this film (due to copyright restrictions George Lucas won't allow these films to be sold, although he's nice enough to allow them to be made) but I went and checked out the trailer and downloaded the movie and was totally amazed at the production quality! Absolutely amazing!
Shane Felux, the director, has been all over the place and is making a big name for himself. This is someone I'd like to work with, and now the director has financial backing, so I can't imagine what he will create (Star Wars:Revelations was "amateur"; can you imagine "professional"???). As you might imagine, this genre is absolutely up my alley (heck... Star Wars is what probably made me go into Aerospace!). Here's my audition tape (got a videographer to do it, but not sure how long it will be up on his server). My reader was Katie, my neighbor, who was nice enough to help me out at the last minute and did a great job.
Otherwise, I had an audition for a cell phone video ad on Sunday, 3/4. Yeah, soon videos will be downloaded to your cell phone as easily as placing a call... weird. I was playing various characters that were the bad dates in various dating scenarios.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home