Yo Peeps,
How's it going? I hope all is well out there in internet land.
The Time Warner commercial was a lot of fun and a good experience. They made me very corporate looking in a suit and tie, very "parted" hair, shaved my neck, etc... got make up sprayed on my face. Literally. It was this new kind of thing where the make up comes out in tiny droplets, like air brushing almost. Anyway, I got on set at 11 Am but didn't shoot until about 5:30 PM. Everybody was really nice on set and fun to be around. I also got a trailer and got prime rib for lunch (and it was tasty). I ended up NOT being the I.T. Guy, but instead the Time Warner Rep, or as they called it "The Product". They gave me a weird definition of the market, saying it was regional and some parts national. Not sure what that means, but oh well.
I usually don't post about auditions but this is a bigger one. Tomorrow I'll be going in for the role of Thomas Clemson, the founder of Clemson University. It's a short film called "Power of the Pen" focused on the festival circuit, but it is pay, and even pay for travel to South Carolina to shoot on location at Clemson. It would be a great experience and exposure, so wish me broken legs. He has "thick black hair". Hmmm. The breakdown also says "extensive hair/makeup is required of several roles", so that's good. Will be doing research on him while I'm sitting at home today BECAUSE...
I decided to make LA a less polluted place today. Took my car in to get a new catalytic converter. Just doing my part (can you hear sarcasm?). Actually, it will add about a third more mileage and let me pass the smog test, which you have to have to pass inspection here in Cali.
Funny thing which I forgot to tell you before! I re-met a friend from high school at a commercial audition a few weeks back! Eric Sweeny from Cave Spring, Roanoke, VA! It was really weird seeing him of all people in L.A. and at the same audition. I mean, we had the same audition time and were auditioning for the same part! I hung out with him on Saturday night and we had a great time talking about the ol' times. If you know him, he's pumped up quite a bit since high school, he's a personal trainer, and has a beautiful girlfriend. He's still cool and down-to-earth. Hasn't changed a bit.
Hopefully I will have a pic to post from the Time Warner commercial next time (waiting on the make-up lady). I need a digital camera, bad. Talk at you next time!


1 Comments:
Chris,
Again, your LA adventures never cease to amaze me. I really enjoy reading about your successes. Live strong.
~Diego
Post a Comment
<< Home