Hey! It's been a while. Well, in the last month I've been here and back to Texas hanging out in San Angelo and Austin, visiting my sis, aunt, and mom, and remembering what it was like to live back there. Had a great Christmas seeing everyone! I've been back in L.A. since 12/29. It was a really slow period for a little over a week and I started wondering if the biz people were going to come back. I visited Birds on New Year's Eve. Supposedly bartended by Alfred Hitchcock's granddaughter, who, if she was the one that served me a drink, was quite beautiful. I've been doing some hiking also at a new place called Runyon Canyon where Erol Flynn held an estate back in the day. Hiking around there I'm constantly wondering, "Is this a rock that he dangled upon while practicing his swashbuckling"? I saw a Survivor, Johnny Fairplay, up there with a camera crew following him around... He's a tiny little dude.
I'm about ready for the guys that are painting this place to get finished. Does it take over 2 months to paint a 12 unit apartment building? I think I know every Spanish song there is to know now.
Good news... I've had three auditions in the last week! That makes me pretty happy considering I had 2 in 2.5 months before. One was for Cyrano in Cyrano de Bergerac, and the other 2 were for student films at USC and Loyola Marymount. When I was at USC, I decided to make the most of my little trip down there and check out the campus. Pretty nice campus! I wasn't wearing any UT stuff, so I didn't get beat up, but I was thinking the whole time "we beat you in the national championship". I auditioned at a building called the George Lucas Instructional Center. I thought I might get to see some cool Star Wars stuff, but no! (sarcasm)
Went to my first class at Chubbuck Studios. My first scene to prepare is one in Pulp Fiction, and I play John Travolta's character Vincent in the coffee shop scene. Sweet! I get to say, "I got to take a shit." Is that riveting or is it me? It's a funny scene and me and Samuel L.'s character have been practicing quite a bit. Maybe you can help me determine what Vincent's overall objective in the movie is? I'm still working on that... It's a hard one... I mean... that guy's just too cool for school!
Worked inventory for a Rose Bowl merchandising company. Have you ever counted UT and USC buttons, flags, scarfs, fobs (I didn't know what a fob was before this), cell phone charms, koozies, shirts, stickers, mugs, shot glasses, etc? Let me tell you, it's a blast!
Still don't have a digital camera, but I did get some lost pics from over the summer developed and had a few others sent to me. Until next time...




1 Comments:
Hook 'em Horns!!
You are a ravenous beast, which if I'm not mistaken, is Vincent's sole purpose in life.
Post a Comment
<< Home