I got my first job in L.A. yesterday and went on set today! I called in to the background acting company and talked to a cd about being on CSI: NY. She asked me if I was going for the upscale or downscale looking part. I asked, "You have my picture in front of you, what do you think?" Her answer was, "Very DOWNSCALE". I had to laugh to myself. The longer hair and sideburns must be giving that impression. But, she gave me the booking though so I don't care. I arrived at CBS Radford Studios in Studio City at 8:10 AM (was supposed to be there at 8 AM; dang security!). I felt like a cow being herded into the corral. Probably about 100 people there. They took us to "wardrobe", which basically was a lady saying, "What you have on is fine". I'd brought a couple of things to wear just in case. From there the AD took us into the set. A boxing ring at first sight, then as you got closer, you saw that there was a vat of KY jelly filling it. It was a strip club scene in which this stripper would be frolicking around in the stuff. Anyway, my "character" (if you can call it that) was a strip bar patron, yee-hawing and yelling and jeering. And getting gobs of that KY Jelly spewed all over me. That stuff should only be used in settings it was made for. Anyway, we shall see if I get my face on camera or not. In any case, it was fun to be doing something and the stripper actresses were nice to look at (they kept their clothes on, remember, this is prime time). And no, I'm not a millionaire now. After 5.5 hours I raked in $54 (I think I get a bump of $5 for getting sprayed with the gooey stuff). The AD said it would air 4 weeks from today, so check out CSI: NY on 12/7 on NBC and look closely for me in the stripper scene waving money and drinking beer. No promises, I could get left on the cutting room floor.


2 Comments:
CSI, NY taped in LA...and they call you downscale.
Cutting your teeth acting as a liquored up patron of a strip club. I know that was tough! We'll be watching.
Well, let's see, 5.5 hrs @ $54...it sounds like you only need another, uh, er, 294.5 hours to hit that mil? (Assuming they bump that wage up a bit.)
Did you meet Gary S?
Congratulations on your first LA gig!!
Post a Comment
<< Home